Poppy and Ellie’s Chop for Charity!
During the autumn time, Poppy Dyball and Ellie Parter, two Ratton Year 8 students, decided to donate their hair to the Little Princess Trust, a charity where children going through cancer treatment and have lost their hair were able to wear wigs made of real hair, free of charge which makes the children feel much more happy and confident in themselves. Poppy and Ellie’s hair went towards the making of one wig bearing in mind each wig requires five people’s hair to make a complete one. Poppy cut 10 inches and Ellie cut 12 inches and on top of donating their hair, they managed to raise £955! They got sponsored by their teachers, friends and family and the money was given to the charity as well.
From this, Poppy and Ellie hope that it may inspire you to donate your own hair to The Little Princess Trust. If so, follow these rules to make sure your hair can be donated successfully:
· Wash and dry your hair
· Do not add conditioner or styling products
· Put your dry hair into a ponytail(s)
· Secure at both ends with a hair band, and one half way down for good measure!
· Ask your hairdresser to cut above the band(s) nearest your head making sure you cut off 7 inches or more
· Now have the rest of your hair styled as you wish
· Put your dry ponytail(s) into a clear resealable plastic bag
· Place them in a padded envelope and post using a standard service to:
Little Princess Trust
32 – 35 Broad St